[Serusers] TLS support & how to turn on SIP logs

Henning Verbeek hankipanky at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 11:48:05 CET 2005

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:14:49 -0800, Mary Tang <Mary_Tang at net.com> wrote:
> 1. Does SER support TLS?

For the SIP Signalling? I don't think so...

> 2. How to turn on SIP log so that I can see SIP message flows?

I found two ways useful:
1. watch live traffic: # ngrep port 5060
2. call an external script in your routing logic that dumps the
environment into a file:
... in ser.cfg, in route{ } add a line
   exec_msg("/usr/local/bin/dump_sip_env.sh");
... create the script and dump everything into a logfile:
#!/bin/sh

LOGFILE=/tmp/dump_sip_env.log

>> $LOGFILE
date >> $LOGFILE
env >> $LOGFILE

3. Familiarise yourself with the xlog-module, which can provide much
more detailed syslog information.

Cheers, Hank

--
My other signature is a regular expression.
http://www.pray4snow.de