[Serusers] SerWeb Installation Problem

Ashling O'Driscoll ashling.odriscoll at cit.ie
Wed Jan 26 19:57:27 CET 2005

I must thank all the people who have helped me over the last few days
with my queries...Im nearly there I think!

However I am now trying to set up SerWeb. I am new to Linux (any
flavour of it)so this is proving somewhat difficult.

I am following the instruction detail on
http://www.wifi.com.ar/doc/voip/ser/ser-howto.html.html

I modified /etc/php.ini for the regsiter globals=on change. Then
according to instructions I should do the following:

Move the html directory to the root of your web server:
mv html /var/www/html/htdocs/serweb

Move the phplib directory to your web server application directory:
mv phplib /var/www/html/phplib

However these instructions are for red hat and I am running Suse
Linux 9.0. I did the following because I believe this is the root of
my webserver:

mv html /srv/www/htdocs/htdocs/serweb
mv phplib /srv/www/htdocs

Could someone who has set up serweb on suse verify that this is
correct??...I then made the remaining changes such as adding "../" to
the php files as documented.

When I run http://172.16.3.15/serweb in a browser window, I get an
error saying the requested URL /serweb was not found....

Id really appreciate if someone would tell where Im going wrong
because I am finding this difficult to troubleshoot when I am not
familiar with Linux.

Thanks as always,
Aisling.

The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by legal and/or professional privilege. Should it be received by you in error please contact the sender at the above quoted email address. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. The Institute does not guarantee the security of any information electronically transmitted and is not liable if the information contained in this communication is not a proper and complete record of the message as transmitted by the sender nor for any delay in its receipt.