[Serusers] Carrier-grade framework for SER

Andreas Granig andreas.granig at inode.info
Tue Jan 25 11:36:53 CET 2005

Juha Heinanen wrote:
> i don't know about andrea's efforts, but i used xmlrpc for registering
> ser users' phone numbers with tier-1 enum database in finland.  finnish
> authorities had specified xmlrpc interface for that purpose.

In short, I plan to write an xmlrpc-based provisioning system for
distributing FIFO commands. The main focus is sharing registration
contacts and aliases among different SERs (all the data that can't be
replicated on a lower (database) layer due to memory caching).

There's an external application on each SER host receiving contacts from
a SER module via a local socket. These contacts are wrapped into xmlrpc
(in fact the contact is converted into a FIFO command which is wrapped
into xmlrpc) and are distributed to the same application on other SER
hosts, which writes them into the SER FIFO. If an application is
unreachable or reports an error, the distributed FIFO command is queued.

The application can receive arbitrary FIFO commands, and a flag
indicates if the command should be redistributed to the other hosts.

Andy