[Serusers] mediaproxy: NAT vs. non-NAT connections

Hendrik Scholz hendrik.scholz at freenet-ag.de
Thu Jan 20 15:24:18 CET 2005

Hi!

I've been playing around with mediaproxy for quite some time and
it's running pretty well for natted connections.
On the downside it's also redirecting connections between two external
hosts to the mediaproxy.

Using the client_nat_tests() function there should be a way to prevent
this but it seems as if I failed to get it done correctly.

Could someone paste a config that is able to distinguish clients
properly?

How would I handle connections that only have one host behind that
so the INVITE comes from a not-natted connection going to a natted
client (and the other way round)?
I thought about calling use_media_proxy() for all initial INVITES and
call it a second time on the reply route only if client_nat_test("3")
found a NAT.

For my last tests I used the example config from
modules/mediaproxy/config/ser.cfg so I don't have to paste it here.

I'm thinking of marking clients as 'needs NAT' when the register and
client_nat_test("3") is true and when an INVITES comes I check both
the source and destination to determine whether I need to use the
mediaproxy. Makes sense?

Thanks,
	Hendrik

--
freenet Cityline GmbH, Hamburger Chaussee 2-4, 24114 Kiel, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)431 9020552, Fax: +49 (0)431 9020559
Internet: http://www.freenet.de, eMail: hendrik.scholz at freenet-ag.de