[Serusers] routing question - what is "current URI" in these cases?

Gavin Bensom gb99901 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 19:47:06 CET 2005

Hi,

I'd like some clarification on script routing. To
quote the SER Admin guide. . .

"  It is important to realize that ser  operates over
current URI all the time. If an original URI is
rewritten by a new one, the original will will be
forgotten and the new one will be used in any further
processing. In particular, the uri matching operand
and the user location action lookup  always take
current URI as input, regardless what the original URI
was. "

Question 1 - Current URI = sip:user at domain.com.
What is the "current URI" after these two lines are
processed in the script? What is the other uri in the
destination set?

rewritehostport("10.10.10.40:5095");
append_branch();

Question 2 - Current URI = sip:user at domain.com.
What is the "current URI" after the same two lines are
processed in the script but in the opposite order?
What is the other uri in the destination set?

append_branch();
rewritehostport("10.10.10.40:5095");

Question 3 - Current URI = sip:user at domain.com.
What is the "current URI" after these three lines are
processed in the script? Assume that user at domain.com
has two locations.
sip:user at 10.10.10.20 - priority = 0.0
sip:<user_cell_phone>@<gateway_ip> - priority = 1.0

rewritehostport("10.10.10.40:5095");
append_branch();
lookup("location");

What are the other uri's in the destination set in
this case?

I'm confused and I've tried to determine the behavior
by testing with different script configurations.

The reason I'm asking is that I want my users to be
able to put their cell phone numbers in with the form
of sip:<cell_number>@mydomain.com
Currently this does not work.
To achieve proper cell phone forwarding the contact
location must be:
sip:<cell_number>@gateway_ip_address

In previous script configurations the
sip:cell_number at mydomain.com format worked.

When I added these lines:
rewritehostport("10.10.10.40:5095");
append_branch();

to my script before calling
lookup("location");
Then SER started forwarding
sip:cell_number at mydomain.com to my DNS server. :) Not
what I wanted, obviously.
My DNS server does have SRV records for SIP, but I'm
not sure if I need to add a line in ser.cfg to make
ser use SRV records.

Any advice or enlightenment is appreciated.
Thanks,

G.