[Serusers] DTMF problems (SER + *)

Girish gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 12 07:28:06 CET 2005

Hello,

> > I’m a newbie on SER so please be patient. I have been using * for
> > quite a while and now decided to use SER as a front-end for my SIP
> > users. I have everything setup including *, SER, RPTProxy, STUN and
> > everything works except for DTMF tones, for example, when I access *
> > voicemail through SER the tones do not get correctly recognized by *.
> > Asterisk is configured to use RFC2833 as a transport for DTMF tones.
> >
> > Can anyone please help me solve this issue?
> >
> If your UA is also configured for RFC2833, then SER has nothing to do
> with DTMF. The digits are encoded in the media stream.

Please note that when Asterisk is configured with rfc2833, it can accept dtmf both in inband and
INFO formats. The client can have any of the above. INFO requests have to be relayed thru SER.
Inband is encoded in media stream and SER has nothing to do in that case.

As for the actual question, i am not sue of the problem (though i replied for that post).
http://lists.iptel.org/pipermail/serusers/2005-January/014469.html

Regards,

=====
Girish Gopinath  <gr_sh2003 at yahoo.com>