[Serusers] Which SIP messages types use lookup("location")?

Thu Feb 24 10:29:19 CET 2005

Hi all!

Every message which is in-dialog should be forwarded without lookup().

That means, for the first INVITE you make a lookup(), but if there are
othere messages within this dialog (re-INVITE, INFO, REFER, ACK, BYE,
MESSAGE ...) you don't use lookup.

dialog-creating requests and messages which are always outside a dialog
will use lookup(), e.g.: INVITE, SUBSCRIBE, MESSAGE, PUBLISH

For NOTIFY: these belong to an existing dialog, so there is no need use
lookup().

regards,
klaus