[Serusers] Manipulate from_uri

Vitaly Nikolaev vitaly at voipsonic.com
Wed Feb 23 18:56:21 CET 2005

Sure

RPID is Remote-Party-Id: field in SIP that tell to outgoing GW what value
and setting put in CallerID when GW will terminate call to .. whatever

Read this:

Readme for module auth_db
Readme for module Auth

May be it not best document, but it will tell you what is rpid and why you
need it

In short:
You put in ser:
modparam("auth", "rpid_prefix", "Name <sip:")
modparam("auth", "rpid_suffix",
"@sip.frontlineglobal.net;user=phone>;party=calling;screen=yes;privacy=off")

Name can be any, screen=yes means CallerID is trusted, some carried sekip it
if see screen=no, privacy=off means who CLI to remote party (on or full -
caller id blocking)

This is for kind of static thing, and I did not find way (almost half year
ago) to make it dynamic.., per customer, per call

Then u do:

append_rpid_hf(); on INVITE

and then SER will take value that It received from database during authorize
and append prefix/suffix and send it in SIP header.

README is quite good, just read it and you will how exact idea how to use it