[Serusers] parallel forking best practice?

Vitaly Nikolaev vitaly at voipsonic.com
Wed Feb 23 17:47:54 CET 2005

Hi,

I do not know that it is best, I even sure that it is not :) but it very
useful and very flexible to execute external application that will return
list of URI.

Why it flexible - because you can do, for example, balancing of whatever you
use for termination all (in my case b2bua) plus I use nagios that testing my
b2buas/gws/voicemails and then my "routing" script uses this info to avoid
bad destinations

Plus different features like, call return, redial, call forward, step by
step routing (like first call ring on your SIP device, if it fail it ring on
your office phone and if it fail goes to your cell phone and same time to
your gf cell phone :)) My script taking all this info from MSSQL database,
of course it add some delay to your call (PDD) but that the price, you can
always use few boxes with this setup in parallel (replicate) and do
redundant SQL server for fast answer