[Serusers] Manipulate from_uri

Wed Feb 23 14:23:39 CET 2005

Hi Paul!

I think the only way to get real privacy is by use of a B2BUA. Even if
the From: header will be changed, there is information about the origin
in the SIP message - e.g. Call-Id, Contact, SDP, Via ...

You can also make the Caller-Id-Block in the originating client. I think
there are some SIP UA which will put a
    From: Anonymous
into the INVITE if you enable Caller-ID-Block. You may configure your
proxy to route this message although the AuthUser!=FromUser.

regards,
klaus