[Serusers] Manipulate from_uri

Java Rockx javarockx at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 13:20:24 CET 2005

Klaus,

I realize that RFC3261 says do not modify the From header, however, my
question is this;

When making SIP-to-SIP calls between two subscribers on the same SIP
proxy, how can one implement Caller ID Block when RPID is not usually
honored by SIP UAs - since this is really for PSTN gateways?

It seems that altering the From header in this case is the only
option. Have I missed something?

Regards,
Paul