[Serusers] nathelper patch

support support at cybertel.biz
Thu Feb 17 05:39:39 CET 2005

 Hi,

I have found the following message from the mailing list.

I also saw your question on RFC compliance and the Sonus equipment:  In order to make Grandstream phones register properly when using STUN behind
symmetric NAT, I had to patch nathelper with the rport != port of received
address check.  (I use 0.8.14 and I guess you already have the patch with
the development version).  The reason is that Grandstream attempts to
rewrite the address using STUN even though it correctly detects a symmetric
NAT.   I have seen that this was introduced in a new firmware not long ago (release notes).  This pussles me as sources I have seen claims this to beinvalid behavior (which seems correct to me).

It seems that I am facing the same problem now. Is there any solution to us? Where could I download the nathelper patch as described above?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Thomas