[Serusers] Setting timeout in SER

Marian Dumitru marian.dumitru at voice-sistem.ro
Fri Feb 11 21:25:35 CET 2005

Hi,

If you want to change the global value for the invite timeout, you can
use the tm parameter "fr_inv_timer" - note, this will affect all your calls.

If you want to change the behavior only for calls going to PSTN, before
relaying to GW do:
	avp_write("i:10","fr_inv_timer_avp");
where first param "i:10" gives as integer the timeout value - note you
have to load the avpops module.

To override the default reply 408 Timeout generated by the invite
timeout, set a failure route for calls going to GW :
	failure_route[x] {
		if (t_check_status("408")) {
			t_reply("503","Service Unavailable");
		};
	}

Best regards,
Marian

scm-j at nuntius.com wrote:
> When I receive a SIP INVITE from my service provider, the normal call
> flow is for SER to forward it to my Asterisk for authentication.
> However, if the Asterisk is down, SER keeps attempting by sending
> multiple INVITEs to Asterisk, until it receives a CANCEL from the
> service provider.
>

> The preferred behavior is for SER to give up after 2-3 unsuccessful
> attempts and send a “503 Service Unavailable” message back to the
> service provider. Is there a way to do this in ser.cfg or anywhere else
> in SER? Any examples would be much appreciated.
>

> Regards,
>
> SCM

Voice System
http://www.voice-system.ro