[Serusers] Setting timeout in SER

scm-j at nuntius.com scm-j at nuntius.com
Thu Feb 10 23:56:42 CET 2005

When I receive a SIP INVITE from my service provider, the normal call
flow is for SER to forward it to my Asterisk for authentication.
However, if the Asterisk is down, SER keeps attempting by sending
multiple INVITEs to Asterisk, until it receives a CANCEL from the
service provider.

The preferred behavior is for SER to give up after 2-3 unsuccessful
attempts and send a "503 Service Unavailable" message back to the
service provider. Is there a way to do this in ser.cfg or anywhere else
in SER? Any examples would be much appreciated.

Regards,

SCM