[Serusers] 483 error [help]

Samuel Osorio Calvo samuel.osorio at nl.thalesgroup.com
Wed Feb 9 09:35:17 CET 2005

I have not followed the thread so don't know if this is releveant.
I think you should not put the sip: prefix in the alias option of your
config file.
Hope it helps,

Samuel.

Unclassified
>>> pat newham <pnewham at yahoo.com> 02/08/05 09:09PM >>>

Hi Marian,

I carried out the test you suggested and the message
printed out in /var/log/messages, so I still have the
483, too many hops error. Therefore the client uri
definately matched the domain part of the sip url. As
mentioned previously I change the domain in /etc/hosts
on the ser machine(and also added the gateway),I added
the dns address in /etc/resolve.conf and I also edited
the address in /etc/profile.
Therefore at this stage I dont think its the
domain....at least i dont think so anyway...I have
checked that ser is listening on the address specified
with the specified port using netstat -tunap and it is
running.
When I sniff the loopback interface on ser I see tht
the invite message is repeatedly issued to the ser
machine. The sequence for this was shown in the first
email.I have included my default config below (its
pretty basic) and any further thoughts would be
appreciated. Both clients and ser are on public ip's.

Kindest regards,
Pat

>#
># $Id: ser.cfg,v 1.21.4.1 2003/11/10 15:35:15 andrei
Exp $

------------------------

>#debug=3         # debug level (cmd line:
-dddddddddd)
>#fork=yes
>#log_stderror=no	# (cmd line: -E)
>
>/* Uncomment these lines to enter debugging mode
>debug=7
>fork=no
>log_stderror=yes
>*/
>
>check_via=no	# (cmd. line: -v)
>dns=no           # (cmd. line: -r)
>rev_dns=no      # (cmd. line: -R)
>#port=5060
>#children=4
>fifo="/tmp/ser_fifo"
>
>alias=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  #ser public address
>alias=127.0.0.1        #loopback address if it makes
#a difference

----------------------------------

parameters ---------------

># -- usrloc params --
>
>modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)
>
># Uncomment this if you want to use SQL database
># for persistent storage and comment the previous
line
>#modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 2)
>
># -- auth params --
># Uncomment if you are using auth module
>#
>modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", yes)
>#
># If you set "calculate_ha1" parameter to yes (which
true in this config),
># uncomment also the following parameter)
>#
>modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password")
>
># -- rr params --
># add value to ;lr param to make some broken UAs
happy

-------------------

># main routing logic
>
>route{
>
>	# initial sanity checks -- messages with
>	# max_forwards==0, or excessively long requests
>	if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
>		sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
>		break;
>	};
>	if ( msg:len > max_len ) {
>		sl_send_reply("513", "Message too big");
>		break;
>	};
>
>	# we record-route all messages -- to make sure that
>	# subsequent messages will go through our proxy;
that's
>	# particularly good if upstream and downstream
entities
>	# use different transport protocol
>	record_route();
>	# loose-route processing
>	if (loose_route()) {
>		t_relay();
>		break;
>	};
>
>	# if the request is for other domain use UsrLoc
>	# (in case, it does not work, use the following
command
>	# with proper names and addresses in it)
>	if (uri==myself) {
>
>       log(1,"test if this prints out");
>		if (method=="REGISTER") {
>
># Uncomment this if you want to use digest
authentication
>#			if (!www_authorize("xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx",
"subscriber")) {
>#				www_challenge("xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx", "0");
>#				break;
>#			};
>
>			save("location");
>			break;
>		};
>
>		# native SIP destinations are handled using our
USRLOC DB
>		if (!lookup("location")) {
>			sl_send_reply("404", "Not Found");
>			break;
>		};
>	};
>	# forward to current uri now; use stateful
forwarding; that

 --- Marian Dumitru <marian.dumitru at voice-sistem.ro>
wrote:
> Hi Pat,
>
> do some small test - add at the beginning of your
> script:
> 	if (uri==myself) {
> 		log(1,"uri is myself\n");
> 	};
>
> and see if you get that message in ser output/logs.
> Just to be sure that
> myself test is passed.
>
> Best regards,
> Marian
>
> pat newham wrote:
> >
> > The domain name is the ip address of the ser
> server
> > i.e. a user registers as 2001 at xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
> > Therefore I set alias=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx in my
> ser.cfg.
> >
> > Pat
> > --- Marian Dumitru
> <marian.dumitru at voice-sistem.ro>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Hi Pat,
> >>
> >>Set as alias the domain name (as DNS name). If
> your
> >>requests look like
> >>user at foo.org, set  alias=foo.org
> >>
> >>Best regards,