[Serusers] t_relay results in 483 error

pat newham pnewham at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 11:30:16 CET 2005

Thank you for reply. It is still not working correctly
Im afraid.

I have added the lines :

alias= xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (being the public address of my
ser server)
alias =127.0.0.1

at the start of the config file and added

if (uri==myself)
{
    bla
}

in the middle of my config.

Other than that my config is just the default one. As
I mentioned previously I have both user agents and ser
on public addresses. There is no nat or even
authentication in the current setup. It is the
simplest scenario, they are all connected via a hub
and all have public addresses.

A sniff of the eth0 i/f of ser revealed:

an invite going from UA1 to SER. A 100 trying message
sent back to UA1. Then a 483 too many hops message
sent from ser to UA1.

A sniff of the loopback i/f revealed an invite message
sent from ser address to ser address repeatedly.

Any further ideas?
Thank you,
Pat.

 --- Marian Dumitru <marian.dumitru at voice-sistem.ro>