[Serusers] How to make precall announcements?

Hauke Zuehl hzuehl at web.de
Fri Feb 4 08:36:42 CET 2005

Hello all :)

I have a problem which I do think about for some days now.

The situation is:
I have one server running SER and another one with Asterisk.
Some users (which are authenticated by SER) want to have an announcement before they do a call.

An example:
A user wants to know how much he has to pay for a call. So he piks up the phone, logs into SER and dials a number. Now a voice (spoken via Asterisk) should tell him: "Hey, your call willl cost 2 Cents per minute". Then the call should be given back to SER by Asterisk and SER routes the call.

Another user does not want to hear any information so all calls will be routed directly.

I thought about a script that looks into a database which user has booked this neat feature. That works!

if(method==INVITE) {
            #
            # some other stuff
            # .....
            rewriteuser("precall_test_hauke");
            rewritehost("asterisk.mydomain.de");
            log(1,"MYLOG: Forward to precall\n");
            forward(uri:host, uri:port);
            strip(8);
            log(1,"MYLOG: Do call\n");
            forward(uri:host, uri:port);
};

Unfortunately SER seems to try to do a new INVITE while forwarding!? But great, I see in Asterisk the incoming call to precall_test_hauke :) But then the call hangs somewhere :(

Would be great if anyone has a hint or a link with an example for me :)

Thanks and kind regards,
Hauke

This is done in