[Serusers] UAs and SER behind NAT

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Sun Dec 4 09:31:45 CET 2005

nathelper module has various tests for evaluating different headers in the
SIP message against the actual (network) source IP and port of the udp
packet.  The tests all use RFC1918, thus nat_uac_test() is only useful if
you can make sure that the UAs behind NAT behave differently in how they
change via and contact headers than the one's not behind NAT. This is
slighly complicated and requires different setup up on UAs behind NAT and
not.
    Or, you can modify nathelper to use your range of IP addresses by
replacing the definition of RFC1918 addresses with the ones you use where
UAs are behind NAT. Or, if you have a limited number of NATs, you can test
src_ip against those. Or, you can (if UAs use IP in contact and/or Vias) use
search() to look for ex. 10.54.*.*  (behind NAT).
g-)
PS! Not basic question...