[Serusers] UAs and SER behind NAT

Michal Matyska michal at iptel.org
Sun Dec 4 00:37:11 CET 2005

Copy&paste from nathelper's README:

1.5.6. nat_uac_test(mode)

   Tries to guess if client's request originated behind a nat.
   The parameter determines what heuristics is used. If flag 1 is
   set, the "received" test is used -- address in Via is compared
   against source IP address of signaling. If flag 2 is set,
   Contact header field is searched for occurrence of RFC1918
   addresses. Both flags can be bitwise combined, the test
   returns true if any of the tests identified a NAT.

So in short, if you call nat_uac_test("1"), you will get true if it has really
passed the NAT...

Michal