[Serusers] SER performance degrades dramatically when invalid users send REGISTER messages continuously

Fri Dec 2 09:53:01 CET 2005

Hi Tulay!

For REGISTER requests, you should immediately reply with 100 Trying to
avoid retransmissions of REGISTER requests.

   sl_send_reply("100","Stop retransmission");

The second thing is to find out why the authentication takes that much
time. If the username/password is wrong, the Radius server should reply
with Authentication-Reject, thus the sip proxy should reply with
401/403. This should not need more time then the reply for a successful
authentication.

I suggest using "ngrep -t port 5060 or port 1812" to watch the whole
authentication signaling. Analyze were the delay occours and dig into
the problem.

klaus