[Serusers] Creating CDRs from SERs accouning records

Frank Fischer frank.fischer at digitalnomads.ch
Thu Dec 1 14:54:17 CET 2005

> On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 11:34:51 +0100, Erik wrote
> > Arek Bekiersz wrote:
> > > It is usually enough to match INVITE with --first-- of
> recorded BYEs
> > > with the same CallID. It is fairly accurate.
> >
> > Not if there are 2 calls at the same time using the same call_id
> >

> While this is technically against the RFC, there was some
> discussion that, on
> occasion, a UA would reuse a callID... but there should be NO
> situation in
> which 2 UAs are simultaneously using the same CallID unless
> you wrote the UA
> yourself to specifically do this. Do you have information
> about which UAs were
> doing this? I'd like to know which UAs to bar from usage on
> my network. :)

If i understand this right, the UAs are choosing the callId? If so, how
could an UA know if the callId it has choosen, isn't already used by another
UA in another call? Based on what are callIds created by the UA? Is there
some part in the callId which is unique for a certain UA (in fact i see that
the ip address of the client is a part of the callId, but this would be not
unique enough i guess).
Or does SER check for same CallIDs on different simultaneouse calls to make
sure that their is no such case? This would mean SER would have to reject
calls with same callIds?

- Frank