[Users] help: using mediaproxy

Mon Dec 19 12:01:03 CET 2005

unplug wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am using the example "gw-pstn" from Getting started.  I followed
> the guide to setup mediaproxy for handle NAT function.  However, I
> can't make call between Internal IPphone to PSTN.  Anyone can help me
> to analyze why it doesn't work.
>
> After using mediaproxy, I found that some data are stored in the table
> "Location" compared not using mediaproxy.  The field "contact"
> contains "sip:number at internalIP:port" and the field "received"
> contains "sip:externalIP:port".  Is it correct after using mediaproxy?
>
> I have a look for the log from ngrep and some extra parameters "rport
> and receieved" in the header.
>
> When I try to make a call from internal IP phone to PSTN, the error
> "500 FQDN in SDP Media cannot be resolved.".  I think it is still a
> NAT problem and it seems to use the internal IP instead of external
> IP.  As the same time, Cisco shows (no route to destination (3)).
>
> When I try to make a call from PSTN to internal IP phone, the error "
> Too Many Hops", which is the error message in the openser.cfg file,
> shown.  I do think it is the same reason as the above case.

Probably openser does not recognize that it should handle the SIP
request thus it forwards it (again to itself).

You will see the looped requests when sniffing on the loopback device
too: ngrep -d any port 5060

This is a problem if uri=myself does not match

If you are using the domain module, maybe you have to add the IP address
of openser into the domain table. You could also use is_from_gw from lcr
module to detect requests from your gateway.

regards
klaus