[Serusers] ser+mediaproxy behind nat

jeff kwong kwongfucius at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 05:24:59 CEST 2005

Hi everyone!

I am currently trying out the examples from the Getting Started manual
version 04a from Onsip.org. The reference design there shows that SER
itself is nated. My question is how will a UA from the public internet
or somewhere outside the SER's nat register with the SIP server? Will
I put the SER's nat public ip as the sip proxy and do I have to set
some kind of port forwarding on the SER's nat? Also, doesn't
mediaproxy have to listen on a public ip? The document is actually a
good tutorial and just need additional clarifications for  issues like
nat.

Thanks Guys!