[Serusers] how to use asterisk as pstn gateway?

Iqbal iqbal at gigo.co.uk
Tue Aug 16 13:16:29 CEST 2005

Hi

I think it can work but both my systems are on public. You can use pstn
gateway without a DB, in fact if you only have one gateway you can just
connect direct to it, via you digium interface.

The problem you will face are connecting ser to asterisk, and then
deciding what should do what, I have asterisk doing all my call pickups
etc, meetme and all, including voicemail, but since asterisk can also do
transfers, and routing to other numbers, and so can ser, its can get a
bit scary.

Also when you have the pbx you wil decide to have another numbering
scheme, like 3 digit internal extensions, these will need to be done in
asterisk, and mapped in asterisk, cause in asterisk you can have the
same extension for diff "companies", I couldn't see howto do that in SER.

Iqbal