[Serusers] how to use asterisk as pstn gateway?

jeff kwong kwongfucius at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 04:11:48 CEST 2005

Thanks Iqbal. I got some Digium cards now and I was able to make the
asterisk work as a simple pbx. I'll be going to try it out now as a
pstn gateway with SER. Though Im not sure if what I have in mind can
work. My ser is on the public domain (that is it has a public ip) and
my asterisk/pstsn gateway is inside the nat network. From the
experience of users here, can this kind of setup work?Btw I have my
nat sip aware. Also can I implement the pstn gateway without using any
database like mysql or postgre?

Feel free anyone to reply.

Thanks!