[Serusers] Users authentication scheme

Federico Giannici giannici at neomedia.it
Thu Aug 11 18:04:31 CEST 2005

I'm relatively new to SIP and I'm learning how to configure SER for a
little ISP.

I'm currently asking myself when we should authenticate users.
Obviously, I don't wont to have an open-relay SIP server. So I'm
thinking that I have to authenticate users for every message that comes
and that have a "From:" header that matches one of our domains.
Is this correct?

Then I have to call check_to() for REGISTER messages and check_from()
for all the others.
Is this correct?

So here it is a scheme of the logic I'm going to implement.
Do you think is correct?

IF uri == myself
	IF method == REGISTER
		www_authenticate()