[Serusers] MEdiaproxy unable to resolve private IP to public IP

Ashutosh Kumar ashutoshk at chetu.com
Tue Aug 9 23:07:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

 I m using ser-0.9.0 with mediaproxy, non natted clients can talk fine, but
natted clients’ addresses are not resolved to public addresses.Also, the
culprit I suppose is a function fix_nated_register() used in the ser.cfg
which was not recognized by ser. The relevant code from ser.cfg is as
follows:

        # -----------------------------------------------------------------
        # REGISTER Message Handler
        # ----------------------------------------------------------------

        sl_send_reply("100", "Trying");

        if (!search("^Contact:\ +\*") && client_nat_test("7")) {
                setflag(6);
		# I commented the following line since it was not recognized
by ser
		#   fix_nated_register();
                force_rport();
        };