[Serusers] Changing 'expires' value in response to REGISTER

Kanakatti Mahesh Subramanya mahesh at aptela.com
Fri Aug 5 04:47:14 CEST 2005

yah, we've already done that with the ones that we can.

The problem (hmm.  i think 'issue' is a better fit here) is that we
actually allow our users quite a bit of freedom when it comes to playing
around with the settings.

What I'm trying to do is set it up so that if *they* are comfortable
with the effects of changing their expires, i'm not going to stop them
(kinda libertarian in our approach, i guess)

With the Sipuras, you can get away with this.  They've separated their
keep-alive process from the registration process, so everything works out.
With the Snoms, however, the only way to keep the NAT pinholes open is
to re-register every 30 seconds.
Which brings us back to the original issue - the Snoms, by default,
can't register at less than 1 minute intervals.
So, I need some mechanism by which I can manipulate the value that I
send back in the Contact header when they register

Back to the drawing board.....

cheers, and thanx.