[Serusers] Changing 'expires' value in response to REGISTER

Andres andres at telesip.net
Fri Aug 5 01:58:11 CEST 2005

Kanakatti Mahesh Subramanya wrote:

> This works successfully with the Snoms.
>
> However, it also successfully breaks Sipuras (of which we have quite a
> few too)
>
> And, rfc3261 never actually sez. that teh UAC must accept the value I
> send back (weird...)
>
> Any other ideas??

On Sipura these 2 Values control what you want:

Reg Min Expires:
Minimum registration expiration time allowed
from the proxy in the Expires header or as a
Contact header parameter. If proxy returns
something less this value, then the minimum
value is used.

Reg Max Expires:
Maximum registration expiration time allowed
from the proxy in the Min-Expires header. If
value is larger than this, then the maximum
value is used

Just set the Reg Min Expires value to say 1 second and it should
therefore accept the value of 30 in the Expires Header.

Cheers.

> cheers
>
> Andres wrote:
>
>> Kanakatti Mahesh Subramanya wrote:
>>
>>> And the beat goes on...
>>>
>>> I 've got a bunch of Snom's that have a minimum register interval of
>>> 1 minute.
>>>
>>> I *know* that I can get them to register every 30 seconds if I set
>>> the 'expires' value in the Contact header of the '200 OK' response
>>> to the REGISTER request appropriately (whew)
>>> e.g., instead of returning
>>> Contact: <sip:jake.foobaz at 1.2.3.4:49154>;expires=60
>>> I return
>>> Contact: <sip:jake.foobaz at 1.2.3.4:49154>;expires=30
>>>
>>> The question is - how do I change the 'expires' value?
>>

>> How about using a global parameter like:
>>
>> 1.3.3. max_expires (integer)
>>
>>   The maximum expires value of a Contact, values higher than
>>   this maximum will be automatically set to the maximum. Value 0
>>   disables the checking.
>>
>>   Default value is 0.
>>
>>   Example 1-3. Set max_expires parameter
>> modparam("registrar", "max_expires", 120)
>>

>>> append_to_reply() isn't relevant - i don't want another header
>>> subst() on the request's 'Expires' header isn't useful since
>>> build_contact() seems to extract it's values from the original