[Serusers] NAT Problem (Mediaproxy)... Pls help

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Mon Aug 1 10:43:35 CEST 2005

Yan Yu Lim wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a NAT problem, whereby I cannot get the RTP packets from a
> NATed user. Hence, I am trying to implement the Mediaproxy solution
> from ONSIP.
>
> 1. Mediaproxy and Ser are installed on the same PC, say 202.123.45.85.
> I've set SER to listen at 202.123.45.85, port 5060. How should I
> configure the ini file for Mediaproxy? Can someone please provide me
> with a simple example of how the mediaproxy ini file should be
> configured?

Use the default settings, it will create a command socket (mediaproxy.sock)
that you refer to in the ser.cfg.  Also, read the INSTALL file in
mediaproxy.

> 2. Assuming that I set mediaproxy to listen at 202.123.45.85, port
> 5061, & SER at 202.123.45.85, port 5060, how should my client's sip
> proxy setting be set? Is it 202.123.45.85:5061?

Mediaproxy is a solution for RTP proxy, not SIP proxy, there are no special
settings on your client, just set your SER proxy. Please read section 1 of
the ONsip Getting Started doc.

> 3. Mediaproxy has settings for proxy dispatcher & mediaproxy. What
> should be the settings for them in my case?

As long as mediaproxy is running on the same server as SER, you only need to
start mediaproxy.

> 4. Do I need to configure additional files other than ser.cfg &
> mediaproxy.ini?

No.

> 5. Lastly, for SER I am using :
> modparam("usrloc", "db_mode", 0)
>
> to check for all registered users online, do I use the command :
> serctl ul show

Yes, that's independent of your db_mode.

g-)