[Users] I want to test TLS with OpenSER, What the user agent client is campitable with TLS of OpenSER?

Cesc cesc.santa at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 01:04:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

My 2 cents on minisip ... a bit biased maybe, as i participate
actively in the development.

I would say that it is just getting better and better with time.
Purely sip-wise, i may say that the stack needs some improvement, but
it does the basic stuff more than correctly. It supports the basic
messages (including MESSAGE for IM ... presence is, i think, under
devolpment, but there is already some code). Call transfer is also
working.

The best is its security mechanisms. It supports TLS (tested with the
openser/ser code), plus mikey (over sdp) + srtp, and also mikey over
IPSec and srtp. This makes for a fully secure end-to-end call.

Other features:
- multiple lines: configure as many incoming users as u wish, each
with its own parameters in terms of transport and so on.
- video support
- multiple mixing strategies for incoming audio: spatial audio (place
up to 5 different sources around your head dynamically, each in a
diferent spatial position), or "normal" (mix all streams to the stereo
headphones, with normalization).
- local muting of audio to just the active call
- fully meshed conferencing (only within minisip UA)
- ilbc and speex codecs suport, and AEC
- GTK or Text GUI

Did I mention that almost all code is done into libraries (LGPL'd),
plus the GUI interface (GPL'd), so you can code your own one and/or
just reuse the libraries source code?

Shoot ... i should not be replaying to emails while on holiday :)

Regards,

Cesc
PS - i may be forgetting something ... give it a try and provide
feedback, it is always welcome