[Serusers] strict_routing() function in rr module, where has it gone?

Jan Janak jan at iptel.org
Fri Apr 29 15:01:03 CEST 2005

On 27-04-2005 15:59, reticent wrote:
> I have several different UAC's that insist on doing strict routing and
> this is causing me some moderate issues as i can find no way to deal
> with the situation on SER.

  What exactly is the isssue ? loose_routing is backwards compatible in
  vast majority of cases (it is not backwards compatible when user
  agents use pre-loaded route sets).

> According to the documentation that comes with the "rr" module there is
> supposed to be a function called "strict_route()" that does exactly what
> i want (move the value from the "Route:" header into the RURI), however
> the module does not provide this function. I'm curious if this
> functionality has been folded into loose_route or if it has simply
> dissappeared?

  It has not dissappeared, it is in loose_route. The function can detect
  whether the next hop is strict or loose router and behave accordingly.

> There is a section in the source code of rr_mod.c that allows you to
> enable the function "record_route_strict()" and it also talks about
> enabling "strict_route()" however i have had no success with it.

  The function is called record_route_strict and it is a replacement for
  record_route. If you want SER to be a strict router, then replace the
  last zero in record_route_strict row of cmds[] in rr_mod.c with
  REQUEST_ROUTE. That would enable the function and you can use it in
  the script. In the script you then need to replace record_route with
  record_route_strict.

  The difference is that record_route_strict will not add ;lr parameter
  to the Record-Route haader fields generated by SER.

    Jan.