[Serusers] Registering issues

Mr Greg Plater gplater at da-bratz.com
Wed Apr 27 20:41:09 CEST 2005

Hi

Right on the money. I found the iptables blocking internet access and
allowing local traffic only.

Thanks for the advice

Cheers
Greg

Hi

Paste the logs, also from ser have you done ngrep, or was that the
ethereal trace you mentioned below. See if ser is receiveing anything.

What I do is to start ser like this

/usr/local/sbin/ser -ddddddd -E -f /usr/local/etc/ser/ser_020405.cfg
2>/home/admin/te

that basically means all output is going to a file, so when I need to
test quickly I just

tail -f /home/admin/te |more

and wait for the register etc.

You need to first see if SER is receving, if so, then its a problem on
the way back, which usually means a block somewhere.

Iqbal