[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] Auth* changes

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Fri Apr 22 14:21:48 CEST 2005

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:

 > What you miss here - or I haven't made it clear enough - is that the
 > auth* commit doesn't backport any new features, improvements, etc, but
 > backports a *cleanup* of these modules, cleanup which fixes a lot of
 > inconsistencies - which in my opinion goes into fixing area.

as i said, auth commit was not backwards compatible with what we had
before the commit.  more specifically, before the commit, rpid was
returned from radius in SIP-RPID reply attribute to authentication
query, whereas it now is returned in SIP-AVP attribute.  thus all
proxies that use radius for authentication stopped working after the
commit.

in order to maintain backwards compatibility at radius level, perhaps
you could add a check for existence of SIP-RPID attribute in the reply
and if it exists, assign its value to rpid avp?

-- juha