[Serusers] Re: [Serdev] Auth* changes

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Thu Apr 21 18:38:00 CEST 2005

Martin Koenig writes:

 > I, from a user's point of view, am against the reversal of this
 > backport. I like the functionality in 0_9_0 alot and think it is very
 > useful. However, Juha's point regarding performance remains valid.

there are lots of things i like in unstable branch and which i would
like to get officially committed to rel_0_9_0, but haven't proposed or
done any, because i thought that as advertized, rel_0_9_0 is a frozen
branch, where only bug fixes were allowed to be committed.

if the rules have changed, perhaps i'm allowed to commit lcr module, for
example, to rel_0_9_0?  either we re-open the branch or we don't.

the auth rpid changes that were committed yesterday, will force me to
change in MANY rel_0_9_0 proxies the way radius returns caller rpid,
i.e., the chance is not backwards compatible.

is there anyone in charge here?

-- juha