[Serusers] AS 5350 + Ser Problem

Alberto Cruz acruz at tekbrain.com
Thu Apr 21 18:15:12 CEST 2005

Hi Razvan:
By default Cisco gateway process the call in the way you want using the
"preference" command under the dial-peer configuration. The way it apply
the hunt depends what kind on hunt you wish to apply lets say you have
the following:

dial-peer voice 1 pots
description "incoming calls from PSTN"
max-conn 30
incoming called-number 333...
direct-inward-dial
port <port-id>

dial-peer voice 101 voip
preference 1
description "outgoing calls to SER: First choice"
max-conn <some value>
session protocol sipv2
session target sip-server

dial-peer voice 102 voip
preference 2
description "outgoing calls to SER: Second choice"
max-conn <some value>
session protocol sipv2
session target sip-server

dial-peer hunt <hunt value from 0 to 7>
where
  0 - Longest match in phone number, explicit preference, random selection.
  1 - Longest match in phone number, explicit preference, least recent use.
  2 - Explicit preference, longest match in phone number, random selection.
  3 - Explicit preference, longest match in phone number, least recent use.
  4 - Least recent use, longest match in phone number, explicit preference.
  5 - Least recent use, explicit preference, longest match in phone number.
  6 - Random selection.
  7 - Least recent use.

Let say you choose hunt 1 or 0. If the first choice have network
troubles automatically the call evaluate the second choice and process
the dial-peer if the communication is available. This only happen when
the call is in setup process Only but not during the call is in progress
or the call have been established.

You don't have to apply timers to do this.

I hope this help

Regards

Alberto Cruz