[Serusers] SEMS and SER VM??

Erdem HAKI erdemh at tesas.com
Thu Apr 21 18:05:41 CEST 2005

Deal all,
I am a newbie in SIP

I am trying to add Voicemail service on my SER .

As according to "SIP Express Router v0.11 --Admin Guide" SEMS is required to provide voicemail capability in SIP server. i have downloaded "sems-0.1.0.tar.gz" and installed in my machine where I have "ser-0.8.11" as a sip server.

I have changed my ser.cfg scripts to provide voicemail capabilities and to load vm module available in SER.

Now I get stuck How I have to use SEMS module ( I mean to say that "ans_machine" available in sems )

what is the difference & similarity between SEMS Voicemail and SER vm module.

On what basis SEMS Voicemail and SER communicate to each other.

Is their any configuration file is required inside the SEMS like SER (ex. ser.cfg).

what is the proper step to perform a testing of voice mail using these modules..

(the same problem witk koyama)

Thanks for your help....

Erdem H. HAKI