[Serusers] AS 5350 + Ser Problem

Razvan Nemesiu forum at netconnect.ro
Thu Apr 21 10:07:01 CEST 2005

Hi all,

I have a Cisco AS 5350 and two SER.On my CISCO I have an incoming pots
dial-peer from PSTN (let's say that it matches 333XXX numbers).Then I have
two outgoing voip dial-peers (both dial-peers match 333XXX numbers and are
the outgoing routes for these numbers).One of these two outgoing
dial-peers is set with a higher preference than the other in order to be
the first choice for sending the calls.One of the dial-peers has session
target one of the SER and the other has the other SER as session
target.So, the main idea is that I want to do fallback between these two
dial-peers: if the connection with the first SER (that is with higher
preference) is down or there are network problems I want my CISCO to
choose the other route to my second SER (and I want it to do that after a
specified time).The question is how cand I do that ? And how can I set
this timer ?(let's say 10 seconds -> after 10 seconds to choose the other
route).What commands do I have to set on the dial-peers and what commands
need to be set in the global configuration (timers,etc...)?

Thank you very much and I appreciate any help.