[Serusers] Serweb CVS Head version: install notes and issues

Cameron Beattie kjcsb at orcon.net.nz
Wed Apr 20 06:09:48 CEST 2005

For those who are interested, I am running SER 0.9.0 (got from onsip) with
the onsip ser.cfg for mediaproxy. I also downloaded and installed serweb
Head (see earlier post for how to get this). I followed the install
instructions and then had to do a few additional things I had to do to get
it working:
- change permissions of compile_dir (/var/www/html/iptel/templates/ on my
setup) to allow web server user to write to that directory
- copy the directory img/butons to img/buttons. The directory storing button
images is called butons. Some of the php scripts point to buttons. I didn't
want to find all the errors which is why I cheated.

I have noticed a few issues which may be of interest to the developer:
- On accounting tab: DB Error: no such field
- On my account tab: sorry -- cannot open write fifo
- On user prefs: DB Error: no such table. Maybe it's looking for the table
providers which doesn't exist?
- Typo when logout. Should read "
You have logged out. To login again, type your username and password below"
- Type on Server monitoring tab. Should read "differential values". Also, no
statistics are shown

The features are impressive and I plan to do some more testing in the
future.

Regards

Cameron