[Serusers] SER high availability setup

Atif Rasheed atif at burraqtel.com.pk
Mon Apr 18 15:32:47 CEST 2005

Hi,

 I am trying to deploy a solution as shown below:

     SER<------>Asterisk1

            --->Asterisk2

            --->Asterisk3

Calls come in to the SER machine. I want to distribute calls among the
asterisk machines(all with the same specifications). I initially tried
using DNS round robin. It works well but doesn not have builtin failover
mechanisms. So if a machine goes down calls will not be rerouted and
sent to other available machines.
 I then tried using DNS SRV but, it seems, unfortunately SER does not
support failover support yet. Now I am not sure how to distribute load
amongst these machines. Any ideas suggestions will greatly be appreciated.

Regards,
Danish