[Serusers] still no help - usrloc synchronization

Java Rockx javarockx at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 03:20:00 CEST 2005

Tina,

I can only explain how part of it works - and that part being ser. I can't
help at all on how LVS is really configured, because I honestly don't know.
:-(

Our network is laid out like this:

71.xx.xx.xx - Public IP
10.3.0.42 <http://10.3.0.42> - NATed VIP behind a Cisco router
10.2.0.21 <http://10.2.0.21> - SER Proxy 1
10.2.0.22 <http://10.2.0.22> - SER Proxy 2

Our MySQL servers are dedicated machines, as are our sip routers,
mediaproxies, etc, etc. MySQL is active-active so we have two-way
replication at the DB level. We only to usrloc replication and the peers
__DO NOT__ update MySQL, only the in-memory cache.

Our ser.cfg files basically have these directives at the top:

advertised_address=10.3.0.42 <http://10.3.0.42>
listen=10.3.0.42 <http://10.3.0.42> # ser has a dummy eth for this IP
listen=10.2.20.21 <http://10.2.20.21> # for proxy two this would be
10.2.20.22 <http://10.2.20.22>

We had to patch the registrar module to get usrloc replication fixed because
the registrar modules function save_memory() function only accounted for
FL_NAT and completely ignored FL_MEM which means that peer ser proxies
attempted to update MySQL and that would cause a primary key violation
because of the DB level replication - which in turn would cause the peer to
not update it's internal usrloc cache.

I suppose after some more testing we will post the patch to serdev, perhaps
even this week.

Our replication then looks likes this

route {

if (method=="REGISTER") {
record_route_preset("10.3.0.42:5060 <http://10.3.0.42:5060>");
}

if (method=="REGISTER") {

if (src_ip==10.2.20.22 <http://10.2.20.22>) {
save_memory("location");
} else {
add_rcv_param();
save("location");
t_replicate("10.2.20.22 <http://10.2.20.22>", "5060");
}
}

This is about all I know of the subject.

Regards,
Paul