[Serusers] Load Balancing via UltraMonkey/ldirectord

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Tue Apr 12 12:29:11 CEST 2005

:-) Yes, layer 7 switch is of course nice. But then again, you need to make
sure that you can price your services where people will buy them...

I wonder whether it is possible to gather some people interested in this and
get something started on the development side. AFAIK, LVS struggles with
other UDP services too, so a ipvs UDP content analyzer would probably be of
interest.   I looked at the source code and I think the most difficult thing
would be to extend the ipvs framework to allow a module to peak into the
packet (and not only the header). I don't know what kind of performance
penalties you get either.

I have seen several people being willing to sponsor development. We could
hire somebody at http://www.rentacoder.com/ ;-)
g-)