[Serusers] still no help - usrloc synchronization

Java Rockx javarockx at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 20:02:03 CEST 2005

Alex,

How does a forking proxy help when dealing with virtual IP addresses?
Perhaps I don't quite understand what you mean by a "forking proxy" but it
appears you'd have one "main" proxy that basically hands off requests to
others? Right?

If so, what happens if the "main" proxy crashes? All customers experience a
service outage.

LVS is a very valid approach to achieving 99.999% uptime from a service
perspective.

Regards,
Paul