[Serusers] still no help - usrloc synchronization

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Sun Apr 10 10:45:06 CEST 2005

That's excellent news, Andreas! I'm not able to see immediately how the two
can work nicely together, but I'm sure it should be possible to get SER's
FIFO net-centric now ;-)

    For some reason, however, I think an alternative to SIP-based
replication is somewhere down the line.  Paul relies on mysql two-way
replication and I follow his reasoning that replication should be done at
the DB layer (which we do as well, but using LDAP. The usrloc replication is
still SIP-based...).  However, the solution where forward_tcp() and
save_memory() are used, you get both SIP replication traffic, as well as DB
replication.
    If one has full TCP/UDP-based FIFO access, shouldn't it be easy to write
a small module that will send a ul_add command to another server?  I wonder
why Paul and you haven't done that yet, but still rely on SIP-based updates?

g-)