[Serusers] still no help - usrloc synchronization

Greger V. Teigre greger at teigre.com
Fri Apr 8 19:16:07 CEST 2005

Tina,
I'm not really sure what you would like to do. Is it related to replication?  The problem of getting through a NAT from a SER server (replicated), but where the client has not registered, is that you really don't get the redundancy you want.  If the server where one client is registered goes down, that client cannot be reached even if you stand on your head yelling "please!" (of course, unless you do load balancing as described in my just recent email). The restricted NAT in front of the client will look at the IP address of the SER replication server and say "nope."

Anyway, have you looked at the new LCR module?  (for the HEAD CVS, but backported, you can find the backport at http://onsip.org)
g-)