[Serusers] STUN server

Lucas Aimaretto lucas at cyneric.com
Thu Apr 7 22:34:52 CEST 2005

> > > But if you have 100 clients,
> > > it would be hard to put all clients in one group.
> >
> > LA> Good point !
> >
> > LA> Yes, it is true. If stun can not solve the nat problem,
> > media proxy
> > LA> should fix it with no trouble at all.
> >

> If there is no symmetric NAT and I have installed STUN and
> Mediaproxy on my server. Which one will have higher priority
> to handle this call session? Is it always STUN? Of course if
> I don't need to pass the call to PSTN gateway. Just IP-phone
> to IP-phone. Can you set the priority in ser.cfg? and how?

It is not a matter of priorities. It depends on how you get your
mediaproxy configured. You need to be aware that nated clients should
use the media proxy, because of the nat problem. But, if your client can
find ( using stun for example ) his public ip/port, then, from
mediaproxy point of view, this client is not nated, and so, it needs not
treatment ( no fixing from part of media proxy ).

You can always do this: Get every traffic proxied along mediaproxy. But,
if clients can talk to each other being able to bypass mediaproxy, why
should you proxy your communications ???

Hope to be clear

Regards,

Lucas