[Serusers] NAT NAT..and a little more NAT

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Sun Apr 3 12:19:32 CEST 2005

Greger V. Teigre writes:

 > I suspect this is one of those questions where you know the answer
 > ;-) Yes, you're of course right.  You inject a direction=active in
 > the failure_route, so that the GW will wait for the media before
 > sending.  However, I have had some issues with some clients that I
 > haven't really figured completely out yet and I'm trying to be
 > conservative.  Do you have experiences where this work? If so, which
 > GWs and clients do you have good experiences with?

in my configuration, i have always used pstn gw both directions without
mediaproxy.  proxy just adds direction=active to sdp towards gw if sip
ua sis behind nat.  i didn't know that there may be some issues.  my gws
are ciscos and i have had various sip uas such as grandstreams, cisco
atas, sipuras, kphone, etc.

-- juha