[Serusers] NatHelper & Mediaproxy question.

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Sep 29 13:05:12 CEST 2004

On Sep 27, 2004 at 18:56, Ricardo Martinez <rmartinez at redvoiss.net> wrote:
> Hello list.
> 	I have reached a point where i need some advices and a little help.
> I'm using mediaproxy to solve the NAT'd client "problems" this module works
> fine, and solves all the scenarios that i'm interested but for i noticed i
> alway have to enable the mediaproxy, even for the calls between two clients
> with public.ip, this is a problem for me, i would expected that the media in
> this case goes directly between the endpoints.
> Mi first question is :
> Is this behaivor normal? Is that the way the mediaproxy works?

No, it means that your config is bad :-)

> Second Question.
> If i use nathelper, would i have the same problem?.  Among the nathelper
> users do you have any similar experience.  Does anyone knows if Nathelper
> solve this issue?.

It the same as with mediaproxy, it depends on your config.
For nathelper use something like:
  if (nat_uac_test("<flags>")){
        /* ... */
        force_rtp_proxy();
  }

Try with <flags>=3 (tests if the ip in Contact is private, or if the ip
address from which the message was received != ip address in Via).

For mediaproxy use client_nat_test instead of nat_uac_test.

Andrei