[Serusers] Responses on the source port of the request

Andrei Pelinescu-Onciul pelinescu-onciul at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Wed Sep 29 12:35:24 CEST 2004

On Sep 29, 2004 at 11:49, mahesh <mahesha at intoto.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a question regarding the functioning of the Iptel proxy server. As
> far as I know, only when there is "rports" field present in the "via"
> header field in a SIP request(INVITE for ex.), the proxy server should send
> the responses to the source port from which the request is sent. I would
> like to know if there is any other case in which the responses are sent to
> the source port instead of the VIA port.

No, for UDP there isn't (if no rport is present and you don't use
force_rport() in your config, the response is sent to the via port if
present and if not, to 5060).
For TCP, ser will always try to reuse the original connection, so if the
connection on which it received the request is still up, it will send
the reply back on it.

Andrei