[Serusers] Responses on the source port of the request

mahesh mahesha at intoto.com
Wed Sep 29 08:19:30 CEST 2004

Hi All,

I have a question regarding the functioning of the Iptel proxy server. As
far as I know, only when there is "rports" field present in the "via"
header field in a SIP request(INVITE for ex.), the proxy server should send
the responses to the source port from which the request is sent. I would
like to know if there is any other case in which the responses are sent to
the source port instead of the VIA port.

Please provide me with the details on this.

thanks
Mahesh